|I mean look at that throwback!! So ugly.|
10. Mike Haas - I lived in Oregon when he was in college so I got to see a lot of Haas on Saturdays and I grew to love the scrubby little walk on. He was drafted by the Saints but they waived him after his rookie season. I thought it was a horrible end to a good career. It was great to see him make the Bears practice squad in 2006 and then to see him on their active roster in 2007. He earned his shot and it was nice to see the Bears give it to him.
9. Brian Urlacher - I've always been a fan of the underdog. Yes, Urlacher was an underdog at one time. He came from a 3A high school. Texas Tech was his dream college, but they didn't recruit him. So he went to New Mexico where he played safety/linebacker/rover. He played big there and set all kinds of records. But, it was New Mexico. This guy couldn't do that in the NFL, could he? Well, he has and I respect that. Also, it's not his fault the media plays him up so much.
|Pete Rozelle is rolling in his grave.|
7. Kevin Butler - Yes, it's a kicker. A kicker with the nickname of Butthead. A kicker who called his fiance from training camp and told her that they would have to move their wedding because he would be busy at the Super Bowl. Also, I've posted a pic of my son wearing a Mason Crosby jersey. So you know I like kickers.
6. Lance Briggs - He's more important to the Bears than Urlacher. He's a better all around linebacker than Urlacher. There. I said it. So why does he get overlooked when it comes to contract negotiations? Why does the media ignore him so much? I think it's a conspiracy perpetuated by Jerry Angelo to keep the chip firmly planted on Briggs' shoulder.
|I've always been a sucker for gap toothed smiles|
4. Gayle Sayers - Sayers came before my time. All I have to look at are the videos of him breaking ankles over and over again. He was Barry Sanders before Barry Sanders was Barry Sanders. Seriously. You young kids born in the 90's that only know Favre and a Bears team that doesn't instill the fear to go along with the hate better go find tape. Watch it. Learn your history.
3. Matt Forte -13 rushes a game? Come on Lovie! Forte should be your horse! He can do it all. He's the closest thing the Bears have had since Sweetness was wearing 34 and killing the Packers every week. This has nothing to do with the face that Forte is on my fantasy team. He deserves better. So start using him right. 20+ carries and 5 receptions or so and the Bears are in the playoffs again. I can't believe I'm saying this. No one show this to the Bears brass!
2. Mike Ditka - Sure, he was the head coach when the Bears were great in the 80's. That's only part of why I have him on this list. Ditka changed the tight end position in the NFL. He was the first TE inducted into the HOF and without him, there's no Mark Chmura or Jermichael Finley. Before he came into the NFL TEs where just 6th linemen who were eligible to catch passes. So thank him Packer fans.
|Rest In Peace Sweetness. You're Missed.|
1. Hand ball to referee
2. Return to sidelines
I like TD celebrations. The cell phone, the sharpie, the pom poms and of course the Lambeau Leap. You just scored, you should be happy! At the same time watching Sweetness just hand the ball to the ref fit. There's nothing smoother than acting like you've been there. You left too soon Sweetness.